WOMADelaide has announced its second round of a further 27 groups for next year’s lineup where they’ll be celebrating their 25th anniversary on March 10-13.
The lineup features headline acts Balkans’ gypsy-rock supergroup Emir Kusturica & the No Smoking Orchestra and Austrian electro-swing pioneers Parov Stelar.
They’ll be joined by The Specials, The Waifs and Philip Glass Ensemble who were all announced to be performing at WOMADelaide 2017 last month.
“Since 1992 WOMADelaie has always been an extraordinary meeting point of cultures, performances and artistic creativity from around the world and the artists announced today truly showcase this diversity of cultural experience for the widest possible audience,” says WOMADelaide director Ian Scobie.
“To be able to have Dancenorth’s Attractor presented alongside Turkish rock and roll, one of Mali’s most stunning vocalists & cultural ambassadors, and Austrian electro-swing truly epitomizes the cultural diversity of WOMADelaide.”
The full list of artists announced today is –
• Aziza Brahim (Western Sahara/Spain)
• Baba ZuLa (Turkey)
• Dance North & Lucy Guerin Inc “Attractor” – dance (Australia/Indonesia)
• D D Dumbo (Australia)
• Dope Lemon (Australia)
• Electric Fields (Australia)
• EkosDance Company “Cry Jailolo” – dance (Indonesia)
• Emir Kusturica & the No Smoking Orchestra (Serbia)
• A Guy Called Gerald (UK)
• The Hot 8 Brass Band (USA)
• L-FRESH the Lion (Australia)
• Lamine Sonko & the African Intelligence (Senegal/Australia)
• Nattali Rize (Jamaica/Australia)
• Nhatty Man & Gara (Ethiopia/Australia)
• Oki Dub Ainu Band (Japan)
• Oumou Sangare (Mali)
• Parov Stelar (Austria)
• Rich Medina – DJ (USA)
• Skratch Bastid – DJ (Canada)
• Senyawa (Indonesia)
• TAGO (South Korea)
• Tangents (Australia)
• William Crighton (Australia)
• 30/70 (Australia)